A child or young person that has overcome obstacles or personal barriers to improve their learning.
To recognise children and young people who have made significant progress and have shown real drive to improve their learning outcomes and overcoming any personal barriers towards this.
This category is split into:
- Early years (0-5 including reception)
- Primary (Year 1 to Year 6)
- Secondary (Year 7 to Year 11)
- Post 16 education/training
Judging for this category will be based on the following:
- Evidence of significant progress
- Drive to improve their outcomes overcoming barriers
- Acting as a role model and positive influence on peers
Please ensure your nomination states the young person’s relevant age range and reflects the criteria above.